To the extent that project proposals match our criteria (see « our approach ») and our sphere of action , Pro Victimis gives priority to three program areas:
- recognition of victims’ rights
Pro Victimis backs action to restore the dignity of and empower victims of forgotten or unrecognized disasters. The Foundation supports judicial recourse (national or international) which helps meet this goal.
- violence against women.
Women who have experienced major violence (trafficking, girl soldiers, slavery…) generally suffer from social exclusion and ostracism afterwards. Pro Victimis support initiatives to facilitate their psychosocial rehabilitation and economic empowerment.
- integration of the disabled
Aware of the fact that people living with a disability are often sidelined and marginalized by society, the Pro Victimis Foundation endeavors to support initiatives facilitating their social and economic integration.
Projects outside these fields may also be considered if they meet all of the Foundation’s criteria.
Since the year 2000, over 1000 projects have been supported by Pro Victimis across the world.
Our ressources are allocated in priority to the following countries :
- sexual violence in Guatemala : fighting against impunity More…
- Genocide and war crimes : obtain justice More…
- population exodus in Guatemala : recognition of land rights More…
- Fighting impunity : Independent legal representation of victims of crimes of war and crimes against humanity More…
- water system in Sierra Leone : make international aid more efficient More…
- human rights violations in Chechnya : establishment of an archive More…